Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was a morning and afternoon hunt. The morning hunt was uneventful for me but my wife found some clad a wheatie and a 1940 Merc, her 1st silver coin ever. I was digging just about everything, including a lot of pull rings and tabs. She was rubbing it in that she had found silver and I hadn't even found a single coin. The caretakers came out and began cutting the grass, something that we had been hoping for. We were pretty tired and hot so we went home. We returned about 1:30 to see some good looking areas opened up to us. She found a couple of quarters, clad and then the toasted ring. the ring had been plated at one time. I still hadn't found my first coin and the sun was killing me so I found a shaded area to hunt. I finally got a really nice signal that sounded pretty good too. I dug a pretty good sized plug and flipped it over and used the pin pointer to narrow it down to a spot and just busted it open with my fingers. Now I had been telling her that there had to be a silver quarter out here somewhere and that was all I hoped to find. Now I was staring down at something that I had only dreamed of finding, big silver! My wife thought that I was joking until she looked down at it. She's a little worn but the date is easy to read and I like her! Afterwards I found a dateless wheatie and a couple memorials. So, a couple small chocolate frosties were awesome rewards for the silver finds. Still amazed at finding such a wonderful silver. Yep, I am a very blessed man indeed.
0629171545.jpg 0629171545b.jpg 0629171546a.jpg 0629171546b.jpg CIMG1760.JPG CIMG1764.JPG CIMG1769.JPG

Upvote 25

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife does not detect but gets all the rings. Many of them turned into a water heater and sump pump. Great finds looks like you have a hot spot there. I hope you find lots more. Thanks for the great post!!!Tommy

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100 year old big silver, nice!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My wife does not detect but gets all the rings. Many of them turned into a water heater and sump pump. Great finds looks like you have a hot spot there. I hope you find lots more. Thanks for the great post!!!Tommy

I don't know how to turn rings into a water heater and sump pump. However I do know how to turn a dishwasher into a snow thrower.

Buy her a shovel.

Carry on with the thread.

Very nice walker. Great find

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She sold em after all the hours I put in to find em. Glad you have a partner to detect with. That is a sweet half

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the old Walker, that is a really cool find!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck Yeah buddy! Nice hunt for you both. You have a good sight there. Hope more surprises await the both of you.:headbang:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love. Those. HALVES!!! Great finds Looter, and it's GOT to be a great day when u find BIG silver AND get a chocolate Frostie! Ddf

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great post and finds for you and the Mrs! Really enjoyed the pictures too!

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the big silver and congrats to your wife on the dime. Good that you have your spouse as a hobby buddy

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the walker dirtlooter and congrats to the wife for her first silver.....:occasion14:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to your wife on her first silver coin, and to you for the nice Walking Liberty Half. You will never get tired of seeing those come out of the ground.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks everyone, you see everyone else finding something like a Walker but it had been such a struggle just to find a wheatie the last couple of years. This new permission is a huge find in itself and gives us new hopes in finding cool finds. we have barely scratched the surface. I have dug up a lot of broken pottery and glass, some cobalt blue so who knows what awaits us. What a difference a permission can make on your finds, I hope this encourages others to ask.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone, you see everyone else finding something like a Walker but it had been such a struggle just to find a wheatie the last couple of years. This new permission is a huge find in itself and gives us new hopes in finding cool finds. we have barely scratched the surface. I have dug up a lot of broken pottery and glass, some cobalt blue so who knows what awaits us. What a difference a permission can make on your finds, I hope this encourages others to ask.

Looter...I have to admit..I am a HUGE chicken asking permission...I guess it's my huge fear of rejection? ..lol. and this week we're camping at a State Park with tons of juicy, old farmhouses everywhere. I guess when I see someone outside in the yard I will stop and ask. But congrats to you and the Missus on your new acquisition, looks like it should pay off big! Looking forward to your future finds, Ddf.

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A hundred-year-old big silver half, you got to like it. Congrats to you and your wife on her first silver coin.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looter...I have to admit..I am a HUGE chicken asking permission...I guess it's my huge fear of rejection? ..lol. and this week we're camping at a State Park with tons of juicy, old farmhouses everywhere. I guess when I see someone outside in the yard I will stop and ask. But congrats to you and the Missus on your new acquisition, looks like it should pay off big! Looking forward to your future finds, Ddf.

hey, you got nothing to lose, you already ain't hunting the place and the worst that they can do is to say no. just look respectable and act respectable, break the ice with something nice about them, their family, the car or the place itself but show some interest in them somehow. I got the permission but they also needed someone to locate a dozen plus markers that they lost track of. I found them and them left little flag markers for them to find. They asked me to be respectful of the property which means I don't tear it up with my truck if it rains etc. And yes, you will get rejected but I have gained other permissions by neighbors who were watching me, especially after they saw that I didn't leave holes or messes. Good luck and try it

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mercury Dime and the Walking Liberty Half were designed by the same person,, Adolf Weinman.
So you and the mrs. both got a really pretty coin each. Congratulations.

Last edited:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Those are great finds, I'm happy for you guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread