1919 and 1958 silver dimes found at playground!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20180614_204508.jpg 20180614_204515.jpg 20180804_162435.jpg 20180804_162453.jpg

Found these two coins at a playground down the street! Pretty good for a not too old park! I also found a silver horse brooch and 50 pennies under a lage tree.... and I'm not done serching yet!!! That's three silver items so far! The tree has given me many other coins besides the pile of pennies that I found yesterday.

Does anyone know enything about these coins? If you can't see the 1919 it's because it's sadly really worn. But it's still awesome. :) p.s. I have seen canadian pennies and Wheaties on ebay that are 7 or more dollars and they aren't that awesome conditions.... apparently the guy is a top seller. Why are these coins selling and have any of you sold these before? The dates were pretty early like 1935 and such.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your dime values are in their silver content, which is about $1. They're not rare dates. If the 1919 was in better shape, it would have some collector value, but, not in it's present state. If you have questions about any other coins, we'd need to see some good photos and a detailed description of them.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice finds.Congrats :icon_thumright:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds...….

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it really is a money tree!!! Found 50 coins in one spot and tons of others too. Didn't find any silver coins under there though... but the silver brooch totally makes up for that. This is my first year of detecting and so far that is my best find! I found some old pennies under the tree in the 1960's which is a great sign. Not a ton of old ones but still I'm finding over 10 coins every visit! I found a 1968 quarter yesterday but it wasn't a silver one. :/ My detecting song is "just keep serching, just keep serching, just keep serching serching serching!" (You know the Dori song from Finding Nemo?)

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
My detecting song is "just keep searching, just keep searching, just keep searching searching searching!" (You know the Dori song from Finding Nemo?)

Bhahahaha! That is totally going to run through my head the next time I’m out. You’re finding some good spots (apparently even your yard). The last time I was in Winnipeg for a couple of days I had my detector with me but without knowing the city better wasn’t comfortable going out (dusk/evening hunter).

Keep it up.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha! Yah it is pretty good... but I'd like to do old homes but don't know where or how I could do that. :/ Tot lots are OK but believe me I wasted a lot of time just finding the odd coin here or there before I found the silvers and then the hot spot which was the tree. I'm done that tree now and I'm sad!!! I'll have to find another tot lot that has been there awhile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread