1920 home

Trapper340

Aug 21, 2016
Lebanon missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission for a 1920 home to check out . I'm new to this MD'ing and I've found some coin's at a golf course but this will be my first old property. I'm using an Ace 250 ,so my question is at depth of 6-8 inch will it give me a steady tone on coin's like it will at 2 inch. I plan on digging everything but my time is every limited.
Any advice will be deeply appreciated.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never used an Ace 250, I would imagine the real deep signals would be a light tone. That is why after cherry picking a area or finding a hot spot that is producing oldies. I go low and real slow with the coil listening for faint signals. It would be nice if you had more time at this site, getting close to the house can be a nag with nails and copper gutter shards, you still have to try. Get out in the open areas where kids would have played, under shade trees and about anywhere, you have no idea what was there years ago, that could be gone now. It will be a learning experience for you, that you can use on other old house, good luck, show us pictures on the Todays Finds forum on TNET.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread