Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1920's Enameled Dodge Bros. Radiator Emblem

Spent a couple of hours following a lead to a old foundation in the woods. Never found it, and got lost to boot. Went back to a area that I knew there were several old homesites in the woods. Seen a small section of old metal roofing on the edge of the road and got out to check it out. Didn't see anything on that side of the road, so checked the other side. First seen the cellar hole, then the foundation blocks. Time to hit it. First signal dug was the Dodge Bros. radiator emblem. Was the only real good find of the day. Got a harmonica reed, a large caliber rifle shotshell/blank (not sure) and the remains of a old pocket watch. A lot of Mason jar lids, but then, there always are.

DSCF1368.JPG

Upvote 14

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very cool find

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice find! Most people nowadays have no idea it used to be "Dodge Brothers" I've heard several people comment they never knew that until seeing it on the new commercial out depicting the "brothers" through the Dodge evolution over the years.

Last edited:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That emblem is a keeper! Very nice!

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a really great find. I love cars and the history of cars. Having grown up in Detroit with my dad working for the Chrysler corp.(they own dodge) I was not allowed to own anything but a mopar....heh. I love that find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread