Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my neighbor next door says "knock yourself out". I cut thru a weed mat in the back yard that the previous owner had dug out 4 feet with a bobcat, and my quarter hit turns out to not be a quarter. city of Kingston, (NY) 1924 brass pin badge. the first year a license was mandated. down 4 inches. Kingston is 1 mile north of Port Ewen. may try city hall to see if they saved records. may be able to put a name to this relic. oh, yeah--- also got $0.49 in clad plus a neat fob IMG_0646.JPG IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0652.JPG best part is not having to burn $2.73 a gallon gas to hunt. ground still not frozen.

Upvote 5

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice chauffeur badge, it might be from Kingston Ontario. Scroll down to Kingston on the link and it shows the same type #400
ONTARIO CITIES - Badge News

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The badges from Kingston NY seem to have the state on the badge.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be happy finding that pin. Wow 2.73 around northern Ill. I saw it for 2.08 today. A lot better then 4.50 sure helps the pocket.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepper you are absolutely correct. just checked the link, same site I was on earlier but only looked for NY designs. Kingston, Ontario is maybe 500 miles from here while Kingston, NY is 1 mile. what the h*@l is a Canuck brass license doing in a yard in Port Ewen, NY???????. go figger, or as Homer would say---DOH. TNET MEMBERS ROCK!!!!!
Nice chauffeur badge, it might be from Kingston Ontario. Scroll down to Kingston on the link and it shows the same type #400
ONTARIO CITIES - Badge News

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the early Chauffeur's badge. Very nice find.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy Rich! Having found that in Port Ewen I would never have given it a second thought that it wasn't a Kingston, NY license. But the photo of the Canadian pin is a spot on match. What are the odds right?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pepper you are absolutely correct. just checked the link, same site I was on earlier but only looked for NY designs. Kingston, Ontario is maybe 500 miles from here while Kingston, NY is 1 mile. what the h*@l is a Canuck brass license doing in a yard in Port Ewen, NY???????. go figger, or as Homer would say---DOH. TNET MEMBERS ROCK!!!!!

That's what makes this hobby so great, a find can be from the other side of the world, or from right next door.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread