THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today she found the source of that funky.
It was in her office.

I hate using them but one would think that they're safe basically.
You'd think it would blow the fuse or throw a breaker before that happened, but sometimes they don't. I've seen that more than once, and even one time on a socket in the wall at an older house.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You'd think it would blow the fuse or throw a breaker before that happened, but sometimes they don't. I've seen that more than once, and even one time on a socket in the wall at an older house.
Years ago I was installing can lights in my living room. I unknowingly ran a screw through a piece of romex wiring. It didn't pop a breaker or anything. I began smelling burnt wiring and noticed my ceiling turning gray. I felt it & it was warm. I busted a hole in the ceiling and a truss was burning, smoldering more like it. I killed the power, tore a 3' hole in the ceiling and sprayed the truss with an extinguisher. I had an electrician install an upgraded & higher amp panel. I don't mess with electric crap anymore.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's all new wiring on the extention of the house.
Only 6yrs old.
The office has its own breakers.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once flipped the breaker to a light in a hallway... light went off... i took apart...
Then...
Wha bam ! ! !'

There was a Snap-On flathead screwdriver welded from a wire to the side of the box.

Yeah,,,, homey dont like electricity.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once flipped the breaker to a light in a hallway... light went off... i took apart...
Then...
Wha bam ! ! !'

There was a Snap-On flathead screwdriver welded from a wire to the side of the box.

Yeah,,,, homey dont like electricity.
Yep. I knew a guy who managed get a shock directly across the mains (where the power comes off the pole and goes into the breaker box). It knocked him across the room and briefly unconcscious. He said when he came to, he could tell he was alive and awake, but couldn't do anything for a while. He said it was "Like when you reboot your computer -- you can hear the fans and see the lights so you know It's working, but you just can't do anything with it yet."

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it actually faster and more efficient or just another pan?
I still have a Whites crimson colour one I use for cleaning up after crushing specimens, it does me for what I need. I dont do creeks or things like that anymore after my back issues surfaced.
Turbo pan, some say is faster. I haven't proved that yet. :laughing7: My 15 inch super sluice pan will hold ALOT of rocks and i can pan it down to cons fast. It helps I'm big enough and strong enough to pan 10 lbs of material easily.:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread