Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: complexidetection

Since I started hunting with a digital read out machine, I would feel lost without it. Some really good detectorists get along fine without it and seem to do fine. I think it helps a newbie a lot. Monty

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Manufactures mainly produce machines that people say they want, so they include all the do-hickies and knobs they can so the customer thinks he is getting such a great machine. However the DFX is a very good detector and usable for various types of hunting and settings at different locations of the world. Not all detectors work well in all areas.

If you think TR detectors were harsh, you should have used the BFO's. The TR's were like DFX's to Bounty Hunters. But it was all fun and the fun is in the hunt. An it wasn't the sense of smell that found the goodies it was the lucky green socks that used to be white....... ;D

The only thing I wonder about Whites is why none are hip mountable execpt the water machines, and if they are so good, how come there is no Lifetime warranty like Tesoro and Fisher.

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe

I have gone real simple myself. I bought a Tesoro Cibola this spring. Turn on and swing!!!! If it sounds good dig it. I found myself watching the digital meter too much instead of the ground. Good luck to all!!!!!
HH
Greg

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

my name is ED and i started out on a BH with a neddle and tone
i now own a TROY X5 no needle all tone based what i learned from my 1st machine, i never used the "voltage meter"
it was all tone based for me,however i would like a tesoro ID machine one day...thankx brothers/sisters for listening
" ILL KEEP COMING BACK" ill get my token at the door,hey ne coffe or dounuts left.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread