Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170709_130912.jpg 20170709_130915.jpg Sorry about the bad pics a 1926 Mercury a 1953 wheat and a 1925 wheat. Im glad more people are posting there finds even if there not banner worthy. I like to go to this old park there are many hills where I find alot of my silver and rings . This Mercury was one of those things where I dip my coil under a branch thats farther up the steep hill I was on half hoping for no signal.Also glad there was one I found the 1925 wheat there also these are very steep hills the collage kids climbed back in the day. I find so many pot pipes I could lay them from here to Ohio Thanks for looking HH Tommy

Last edited:
Upvote 20

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Tommy. Gotta love it any time a Merc is staring at you from the bottom of a plug.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Merc Tommy! Too bad your pictures blow lol...just kidding, glad to see you're digging some shiny tho! Congrats on the Mercury dime, been a while since I've turned a plug over and seen one...Ddf

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Merc Tommy! Too bad your pictures blow lol...just kidding, glad to see you're digging some shiny tho! Congrats on the Mercury dime, been a while since I've turned a plug over and seen one...Ddf
Thanks Scotty slim pickins here!!! dude we gotta get together some day hit them farms rent a few dozers and detect and graze LOL I used to live all over Ohio Ive been to Rock on the Range alot in Columbus. You gettin out much Bro!!!!!!!!!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! Don't you just love the feeling of uncovering silver coins and knowing you're the first to see them in three generations! :treasurechest::occasion14:

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! Don't you just love the feeling of uncovering silver coins and knowing you're the first to see them in three generations! :treasurechest::occasion14:
I do the history of coins and relics is freakin awesome. I love those silver coins, Here in Michigan all my clad is a really dark black almost ,I have mason jars of em but every silver is like it was dropped yesterday I keep all my silver coins in cases, I have found so many old relics and coins in this one spot its amazing. This is why I love this site other people who understand the hobby and the hunt. There Many people dont have a clue or or could ever understand the thrill of this, or have the patience.. Were all nuts!!!!!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mercs just scream beauty and when you are the one that just found it/them, even more beautiful. congrats banner or not

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Scotty slim pickins here!!! dude we gotta get together some day hit them farms rent a few dozers and detect and graze LOL I used to live all over Ohio Ive been to Rock on the Range alot in Columbus. You gettin out much Bro!!!!!!!!!

OMG....Rock on the Range!! Wow u go wayyy back Tommy!! When/why did u defect north!? Lol...yes I've got a bunch of juicy farms hete just need someone to put a size 12 boot up my butt to get me to ask! I did get a permission on a 1799 farm just a couple miles from my house...can't wait! My best chance for anything Seated/Capped/Colonial yet! Let me know when you can abscond south and ill shoo the dog off the couch!!! Thx Tommy...Ddf

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You already got that Merc graded and slabbed!:o Nice hunt buddy. Yep we're all crazy.:tongue3:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woohoo always nice to find Mercury dimes, and nice that it's from the 20's!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love pulling out a merc, way to go Tommy!!! Yes I know how this hobby affects us!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Merc A2, when are you going to create a facebook head shop page so you can sell all those pot pipes? Link it to the UofM page. Maybe those who lost them might want to buy them back for sentimental reasons.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love pulling out a merc, way to go Tommy!!! Yes I know how this hobby affects us!
Thanks Steve Ill give you a pm this weekend we could go searching!!!!!!! for that elusive treasure.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Merc A2, when are you going to create a facebook head shop page so you can sell all those pot pipes? Link it to the UofM page. Maybe those who lost them might want to buy them back for sentimental reasons.
Thanks Kevin some of them were probobly mine. I found this opium pipe form the 1900s made of brass with chinese drawings on it still need to clean it up. I think lots of people who come every year to the Hash Bash drop em too!!!!!!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done Tommy!

One of the best hunters I know told me, that he gets the good stuff in places that others are too lazy to hunt. I always try the steep spots.

Best of luck to you sir.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those hills,, the more drug pipes I find, the more I'm convinced that more good targets had to have been dropped.
Congrats on the Mercury. If that was a 1926S, you would of had a semi-key date.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your finds. You ought to post the pipes! Relics from our " wasted " youth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread