1931 class ring

Lloydd

Jun 22, 2004
Lewiston, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal. Whites DFX, Garrett 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to share this story of a lost ring that was found and returned 68 years after it was lost. I was using my DFX on June 12 in a friend's cherry orchard when I found this ring with initials N.S.T. inside. The next day I showed it to my friend and her identified the initials as his Mother's. She is still alive and will be 88 this summer. She had given the ring to her fiancee in the spring of 1936 and he lost it that summer. I had the ring restored by a jeweler and returned it to her a week later. She has been the subject of a newspaper article and a TV interview. It was quite a thrill to see her expression when she got her long lost ring back and the excitement she has as she shows it to relatives and friends. I am curious if anyone out there has found and been able to return a ring to it's original owner that has been missing for more than 68 years? Thanks for letting me share this story. Lloyd Draper Lewiston,NY

Upvote 0

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
Thank you for sharing it with us!!!!!! It is things like what you just wrote that make this hobby what it is and shines a positive light on it!

HH

Chiz
8)

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:) Loyd,I second Chiz .I was just thinking today on posting the question on this very matter,Who has similar stories?The finds,and the story behind them.This is what gives MD a good name.And you went far be on by having the ring repaired.What this ladies heart must of felt for that act of kindness and the return of something so dear.Thanks for the uplift.HH-Jarman

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Lloyd, that had to make you feel really great to be able to bring a bit of happiness to someone like that. I hope that I will also be able to return something to someone someday. That was really special, and you must be a special person too...Lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread