1931 S Wheat Cent

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a 1931 S Wheat Cent that I would grade probably about extra fine 40 or so. The newest copy of "Coin Values" magazine (Jan 09) list this one at $140.00 for G-4 up to $225.00 for MS- 60. I trust this magazine much more than the going price on Ebay.
Any penny collectors here? Need to fill that hole in a book? What would you pay if you were buying it?

Attachments

• 31S 002 (Small).jpg
    31S 002 (Small).jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 579
  • 31S 001 (Small).jpg
    31S 001 (Small).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 544

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
I don't trust magazines or the red book, they are more like high retail. I trust the greysheet, that continually updates what prices dealers are buying and selling the actual coin for across America. In XF the greysheet "ask" is $117, and "bid" is $127, so that is the legitimate range I would use.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Utah. I did also look it up today at a coin shop in the Greysheet he had. I had forgotten what their quotes were. I really want to sell it for Christmas money, what do you think judging from the pictures? I'm worried about the few scratches on it.

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
shanegalang said:
Thanks Utah. I did also look it up today at a coin shop in the Greysheet he had. I had forgotten what their quotes were. I really want to sell it for Christmas money, what do you think judging from the pictures? I'm worried about the few scratches on it.

Pm sent. There are light scratches that effect the coin value, but not too dramatically. This coin has even toning and decent eye appeal so that helps.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Great doing buss. with you and look forward to doing more in the future! Your a good man! :wink:

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
shanegalang said:
Great doing buss. with you and look forward to doing more in the future! Your a good man! :wink:

Thanks, I look forward to receiving the coin, and thanks for lightening my wallet :thumbsup:
Another nice transaction with a great tnet member...Ryan

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
According to the Blue Book (the wholesale prices or what a dealer would might pay), VG=$45, VT=$50, EF=$55.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I sold this joker way back when I posted this. I forget exactly how much, somewheres around 100-105 dollars. Cheers, Shane

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good sale. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread