Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was my dad's, bought at a garage sale years ago. He said do something with it. I will sell it! I even found an ad from 1932.

good f33.jpg

100_3607.JPG

100_3608.JPG

100_3606.JPG

100_3609.JPG

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
Not yet, but i will remove it to glue it.
Be very careful removing the bridge so you don't peel the body materiel with the bridge.
I think I would score around the bridge with a razor/X-acto knife very lightly before removing it.
Have you tried stringing it? It still might work like it is.
Another thing looking at the guitar head (it a classic style head) I believe it takes nylon strings not steel strings.
I do believe someone tried stringing it with steel strings and that's what cracked the bridge.

Last edited:

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steel yes. But the pins split the bridge, they didn't use appropriate materials, nor grain direction on those models. If judicious heat and pry knife isn't fruitful, I'd plane it off in light passes until it's nearly gone. Chisel and scraper. Make a new bridge.
Brian McCombs-guitars

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
Steel yes. But the pins split the bridge, they didn't use appropriate materials, nor grain direction on those models. If judicious heat and pry knife isn't fruitful, I'd plane it off in light passes until it's nearly gone. Chisel and scraper. Make a new bridge.
Brian McCombs-guitars
Steel Yes? what does this mean?
Is the neck and bridge ebony or rosewood it almost looks like ebony? Sorry for being know-it-all guitars are my other hobby.

Last edited:

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steel Yes? what does this mean?
Is the neck and bridge ebony or rosewood it almost looks like ebony? Sorry for being know-it-all guitars are my other hobby.
No hardwoods on that guitar. Steel strung of course, the peghead is for steel strings. There is no ebony nor rosewood in the instrument.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good shape for its age

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread