1933 lionel windup train

xd

Oct 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Any way just wondering for the sake of it. I found an old Lionel model number 1538 (from the box) train set in the box. It is windup and works. I cant find any info online anywhere on this set it is the basic oval layout with 2 switches. I have all the cars and the box and the dividers for the box if that makes a difference. It consists of the engine, the coal car two normal cars and the pol car. along with the station and 2 pieces of luggage with the dolly cart and all the metal power poles and the signs. I oiled it and it works pretty good I'll post a video later. Any of you vintage toy collectors have any idea what it's worth before I put it back in the box until next Christmas.

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
I would look for train hobbyists in your area. " could be very helpful". Or take it to an antique dealer.

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xd said:
Any way just wondering for the sake of it. I found an old Lionel model number 1538 (from the box) train set in the box. It is windup and works. I cant find any info online anywhere on this set it is the basic oval layout with 2 switches. I have all the cars and the box and the dividers for the box if that makes a difference. It consists of the engine, the coal car two normal cars and the pol car. along with the station and 2 pieces of luggage with the dolly cart and all the metal power poles and the signs. I oiled it and it works pretty good I'll post a video later. Any of you vintage toy collectors have any idea what it's worth before I put it back in the box until next Christmas.
:icon_thumright:,Get a picture of it? and i can tell you it's value...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread