Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 276
O

Old Silver

Isn't that the home county of John Murrell, the outlaw?

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
It was one his areas he visited during his life. But I would not say it belonged to him directly as the cache could of been buried in fear of him by some one else. Regardless it appears some information was passed down of it at least. Hence the 1933 newspaper article. There is also the possabilty of civil cache left by some civilian who died during the civil war?

Or even bootleg money from the 1920's prohibition Area?

Still using "where there is smoke there is fire principle" if I lived nearby and knew the spot and have free time it might be worth checking out around the excavation to see there wasn't anything missed,

Crow

S

stefen

Very possibly, "Where there is smoke there is a mirror principle", as well.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course a treasure story is only valid as the truth of such stories

I am always reminded by little things the Following story...Howard Carter who was originally an illustrator not a proper archeologist took over the site in valley of the Kings abandoned by more esteemed professional archeologists. Made the greatest discovery in history in king Tuts tomb where others believed to be barren of any more tombs.

Moral Some times an old treasure sites that has yielded results in the past may yield some more.... things that was missed.

It is same with nugget hunting site searched in 1994 using 1994 detector as per reworking the site in 2014 with a newer 2014 detector than pentrates deeper into ground. Old known treasure sites with better technolgy can still yield results.

Crow

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Based on the date, maybe an oblique reference to the Brentwood cache?

OP
OP
XL-PRO PRO

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
This was in southern middle tennessee along a route taken by the Union & Confederate troops.The Cherokee Indian leads me to believe it was not related to the civil war.The Indians did some looting in the early 1800's and this was probably one of their stashes.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
This was in southern middle tennessee along a route taken by the Union & Confederate troops.The Cherokee Indian leads me to believe it was not related to the civil war.The Indians did some looting in the early 1800's and this was probably one of their stashes.

Franklin Road...? Pike turn-pike...? Toll Road...?

Last edited:
OP
OP
XL-PRO PRO

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tullahoma Campaign.Confederate retreat about a year after Stones River.Between Tullahoma and Estill Springs,Tn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread