1937 3 legged buffalo

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
At my second job on Saturday, a fellow came in to sell his placer gold. My boss was testing it with his new gismo and weighing it, and since it was a new tester he was getting flustered. A second fellow walks in and says he has a buffalo nickle to sell. I put up a tray for him to place his coin on. It was in a plastic protective holder. The top pops off and I place it back on and look at the coin. 1937 like new no wear, since I go threw all coins that come in, I know that date and turn it over. Just three legs! I told him Dave will be happy to look at his coin, but will be a few minutes with the placer gold. Dave only a few feet away says, I generally offer 25 cents a buffalo. I figure the guy is going to walk out the door. So I say Dave count the legs. They settle on only $400, since it wasn't graded. Now the boss is going to send it in to be graded and worries it will come back cleaned. I think it might go MS 64. Time will tell. Dave was expecting the normal junk folks bring in!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you post some pics of the coin? Maybe we can give a potential grade and determine if the coin was cleaned or not!

Frank

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Please a pic, I'd love to see a three legged caught in the wild.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Would you believe I bought a cell phone with no camera? Still the place I work plans on ebaying it when it comes back from being graded. Once I find out it is listed I can post a link for you folks. I just work part time there and happened to be there when it came in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread