Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1940's American Safety Razor (A.S.R.) Lighter

100_0198.JPG It rained most of the holiday weekend :'(, so what's a girl to do? I had to content myself with the sport of "GARAGESAILING"! I am a newbie, for sure, but I saw this ASR lighter and thought it might well be worth the $4 asking price..but, when I chewed them down to $3 (that's how many singles I had on me), I knew I had a bargain!!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't know much about these but it looks like a good $3 buy to me!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Is that a copper one or is it the lighting? Although I haven't smoked for almost 7 years I still buy lighters and tobacciana related items all the time.

OP
OP
artemis moon

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. Is that a copper one or is it the lighting? Although I haven't smoked for almost 7 years I still buy lighters and tobacciana related items all the time.

Congratulations on kicking the habit- not an easy one to break, for sure.

It's not copper, just the lighting in the photo. It is gold tone metal with a bakelite (I think that's what it's called) faux tortoise shell case.

I decided to list it on E-Bay, but I guess I overpriced it with a starting bid of $19.99 and a "Buy it Now" price of 42.99. So far, it hasn't gotten any bids. I wasn't able to find any others with the tortoise shell case, so I was hoping that it was "rare" and would bring a slightly higher price. I'll have to relist it starting lower and see what happens. Can you advise on what a reasonable asking price for this item would be? I'm just learning the ropes when it comes to selling on E-Bay, but it's addictive!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it looks like this then your starting bid is fair, BIN may be a little high though. They started the bidding at $9.99, it had 4 bids by 3 different bidders Vintage 1940's Art Deco ASR A s R Automatic Goldtone and Lucite Table Lighter | eBay On certain items where there may be several of them listed and it's not a rare item, I put my starting bid at the low end of what others have recently sold for. Using the completed listings (or the sold listings) feature will help you get an idea of what some things are selling for on ebay.

OP
OP
artemis moon

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it looks like this then your starting bid is fair, BIN may be a little high though. They started the bidding at $9.99, it had 4 bids by 3 different bidders Vintage 1940's Art Deco ASR A s R Automatic Goldtone and Lucite Table Lighter | eBay On certain items where there may be several of them listed and it's not a rare item, I put my starting bid at the low end of what others have recently sold for. Using the completed listings (or the sold listings) feature will help you get an idea of what some things are selling for on ebay.

I revised my listing accordingly. Thank you for this super helpful information!! :hello2:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread