1945-D War nickel ~ 8 wheat cents ~ Silver jewelry ~ misc.

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello! The rainy weather finally let up today ~ so I took a little bit of an extended lunch today and went downtown to do some detecting! Then after work I met up with Ron for a short hunt before dark.

I dug a cute little copper item that reads, "LUM and ABNER - WALKIN' WEATHER PROPHET - BLUE= FAIR, PINK=RAIN, PURPLE= CLOUDY" ~ it's about 1.25 inches wide and 1.5 inches tall. The little window piece is missing. I also dug a cool looking silver piece of jewelry marked 925 with jewel that looks like a piece of Amber (it doesn't look like Amber in the picture ~ bad color in picture). Plus, I dug one of those round thingys that's like four flat head screw driver ~ it's about 1.5 inches in diameter ~ one side reads, "WEBSTER CHICAGO CORPORATION", and the other side reads, "APPLIED FOR PATENT". Here's a list of the other stuff I dug today:

1945-D War Nickel
8 wheat cents ~ 44-S, 44-S, 44, 45-S, 49-S, 53-S, 55-D, & 56-D
8 clad 25c's
10 clad dimes
29 memorial cents
1973 Lane County dog tag
1957 animal vaccine tag

Thanks for looking!
Neil

Attachments

• Nov13-2008ABNER.jpg
    Nov13-2008ABNER.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 425
  • Nov13-2008dogTAGS.jpg
    Nov13-2008dogTAGS.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 414
  • Nov13-2008WarNickel.jpg
    Nov13-2008WarNickel.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 416
  • Nov13-2008silver.jpg
    Nov13-2008silver.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 407
  • Nov13-2008thingy1.jpg
    Nov13-2008thingy1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 416
  • Nov13-2008thingy2.jpg
    Nov13-2008thingy2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some interesting finds Neil. :thumbsup:
Were the targets deeper than usual?
Now that we are supposed to have several days without rain,
the hunting should be super. Looking forward to this weekend.
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ...Lum and Abner are from my neck of the woods...I live only about 25-30 miles from Pine Ridge...where they had the Jot'em Down store....They are big time from this little town....They made it big and performed for the radio station in Hot Springs and gained national audiences...Horlick's Malted Milk and Carnation I think were some of their big sponsors back when they did the live radio shows....We have Lum and Abner days here in Mena around the first of June(my birthday)...car shows,talent shows, lots of fun stuff...big memorial in Janssen Park where I metal detect alot...never saw one of those weather forecasters that you found...neat stuff....God bless and Happy hunting..

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Nice finds!! :thumbsup:

Congrats on the silver and the rest of your finds! Too bad the window is gone from the weather forecaster. That's a cool find. The round thing looks like an early record "spider" for playing 45's on a record player...

I could never start to hunt on lunch hour - I'd never go back to work!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice job on those finds. Cool stuff all the way around. :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Pudsbrat said:
Hey ...Lum and Abner are from my neck of the woods...I live only about 25-30 miles from Pine Ridge...where they had the Jot'em Down store....They are big time from this little town....They made it big and performed for the radio station in Hot Springs and gained national audiences...Horlick's Malted Milk and Carnation I think were some of their big sponsors back when they did the live radio shows....We have Lum and Abner days here in Mena around the first of June(my birthday)...car shows,talent shows, lots of fun stuff...big memorial in Janssen Park where I metal detect alot...never saw one of those weather forecasters that you found...neat stuff....God bless and Happy hunting..

That's cool about LUM & ABNER! I've never heard of them before yesterday! I did some internet searches and learned all about them! VERY INTERESTING!!!!

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Sweet

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Kimsdad--the thing with a hole is for use with a 45 record. Great finds!

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
YOUR LUNCH BREAKS ARE GETTING BETTER. CONGRATS. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread