Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dad and myself went down to pick some things up from an online auction that he won and the company that runs the show has a “pickers only sale” which is just for the winners of the auction. So we got the earliest time available for pickup where we could look at the sale. We got there and it was only a couple small tables of stuff but has some pretty decent things. Stuff is typical real cheap at there picker sales and mom and dad has found some good stuff in the past. So I seen a bag of watches on the table and seen a black dial and grabbed it and didn’t even look at it thinking it was something decent and continued adding to my pile. Made a decent little pile and paid $15. Got to the truck after all said and done and in the bag ended up being a 14kt Accutron made in 1960. Definitely wasn’t expecting that but very thankful. The other watches was a 10k rolled gold benrus and one of those red led display watches. So not too bad.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1622170095.221685.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1622170104.185174.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good on that watch.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a beauty! I had no idea they put those out in 14k. I’ve only seen the GF ones. How rare is it?

OP
OP
luke_00

luke_00

Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That?s a beauty! I had no idea they put those out in 14k. I?ve only seen the GF ones. How rare is it?

Yeah, 1960 was the first year of the Accutron alpha and from what research I?ve done it?s a pretty rare watch. I?ve only found a handful out there and they bring in the $1200-1600 range, and the black dial variants being the more hard to find. Also I cannot find one in white gold which this is. So I?d like to try to find out more about it but pretty happy with my find.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats that?s a really nice one and hard to find too.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing score, and beautiful gold watch! Congratulations.

artslinger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread