1966 class ring---CASE CLOSED!

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
About a month ago i went MDing for the first time since winter and posted three rings i found at a ballfield.There were two silver rings and a 10k h.s. class ring.After some researching i called just one number and left a message.Two weeks later that person called back.It was a long shot.Any way he told me everything about the ring and said he had lost it ONE month after he got it playing football!So its being mailed to south dakota w ere it belongs.Sadly it was my first class ring find.Boy was he surprised!Case closed.....Randy P.S. Thanks to the people who replied on my previous posts with helpful info.

Upvote 0
N

NC Barefoot2

;D All I can really say is "You-B-D-Man"! I also must agree with the comment made by YosemiteSam, "Thanks for making us look good". That was your good deed for the year. You will be rewarded somehow, some place, some day! Hang in there and congratulations on the find.

NC Barefoot2

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WTG! I remember the post...
Thats what you call putting another notch in your belt,,, Great Job!!!

C

chaazz

That is amazing that you could find the owner. Good work. You should be very proud of yourself for being so honest.

PhotoTJ

Apr 12, 2005
The Pacific Coast, Southern California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GTI 2500, Sea Hunter II. I like Garrett!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job. Mending a hole in a memory! If anyone is ever at the Sky's the Limit Parachute center in Beeville, TX, and finds a 1980 Midlothian Texas CR...I'm easy to get a hold of!

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with all the posts, great PR for us. Next person that finds something of identifiable value should contact the local news station to arrange the return. That will greatly help our reputation as being a group that is not just looking to find someone's lost treasures for personal gain or pleasure, but instead as a group that enjoys returning those treasures lost.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Rasrandy,Congratulations on a job well done! I know you'll sleep better knowing you reached out and finally put a hard to search ring back into the owners hands. WTG and (clapping and a pat on the back!). HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread