1977 Low serial number star and 1981 Fancy serial number

JProck

Apr 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I got these bills in today and was wondering if they are worth purchasing from my drawer (I'm a teller)

nb20iu.jpg

sxips6.jpg

Looking to probably sell these on eBay if they are worth more than face value.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net !
Assuming both bills were in the same condition, the STAR bill would have greater value (960K printed vs 3.2M for the '81 bill). But the '81 bill has greater potential for value especially if you can find a game of Liar's Poker OR can sell it to another person who plays the game. Said differently, the '81 bill can earn money without being sold. (Six 'deuces' is a very strong bill in Liar's Poker.) Though you can't use it often on the same group of players, it will be a winner whenever you get into a new game.
Don.....

OP
OP
J

JProck

Apr 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure Net !
Assuming both bills were in the same condition, the STAR bill would have greater value (960K printed vs 3.2M for the '81 bill). But the '81 bill has greater potential for value especially if you can find a game of Liar's Poker OR can sell it to another person who plays the game. Said differently, the '81 bill can earn money without being sold. (Six 'deuces' is a very strong bill in Liar's Poker.) Though you can't use it often on the same group of players, it will be a winner whenever you get into a new game.
Don.....

Thank you for the reply!

Great idea with the liars poker for the 81! I didn't even think of that. I will buy them out of my drawer tomorrow, the worst that can happen is they don't sell and I redeposit them and let some of my customers buy them. I keep the smaller denominations but 100 is too much for me to allocate to collect unless they are really unique.

Thanks again!

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ten dollar bill on eBay with similar numbers sold for 95.00. I believe your numbers are better due to it being a lower number.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions