1979-D SBA bank rolls

L

Liss24

I have a question. I recently found in my grandfather's things he left me, three rolls of Susan B. Anthony's 1979-D. These came from the bank in 1979 and are uncirculated. I made the mistake of opening one of the rolls to see what they were but the other two are still in the wrappers. I was told that being uncirculated, they would be worth quite a bit. Can anyone verify this? I would like to know what they're worth. I really have know idea about coins and unfortunately I have a whole collection to try to figure out. Thanks so much.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 170

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Liss24,

The SBA is listed in my 2006 Redbook in MS65 at $2.00 each. My latest Coin Values Magazine (April 2006) list it as follows MS65=$20.00, MS66=$50.00
MS67=$175.00
The coin has increased in popularity with collectors in the last few years.

Remember this:
This coin had a mintage of over 288,000,000. It is by no means rare. I read an article in CoinWorld a few years ago how the mint or the Federal Reserve literally had tons of these coins withheld from circulation as nobody wants them.

Think abouut this: Most of these coins should grade well as lots were never circulated. Higher end coins are not rare.

You could probably check them on Ebay and see what they are selling for.

Hope this helps,

Mike in SC

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree with what Mike in SC just said. But if you're trying to get a value so that you can sell them... don't expect to get $20 each. You might get lucky with one buyer who just has to have them, ebay would be you're best bet for selling to the highest bidder. Dealers won't give you diddly squat for them.

http://www.bestcoin.com/sba-and-sacagawea-dollars.htm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread