Dec 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is a keeper as it is a proof kennedy. they were only in proof sets and somebody took it out and spent it. most people keep them but a few people throw them back. it is up to you on what you want to do.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
It was less than a year ago, that I was also new to this awesome, compulsive, wreckless, amazing hobby/addiction. I will tell you about my expirience, and I have read that many here had a similiar expirience. In the beginning, I would get excited about finding S-proofs (non-silver). I kept every one, in fact, I put every one in those coin flips that you staple. I then ran out of those cardboard flips, so then I started rolling them, and saving the rolls. Then I realized it was very inneffective to keep them at all. So, now I come across one every once in a while that has really good cameo and is still in very good (AU-BU) condition, and I will set those ones aside to keep... Other than that, toss em back for the next guy who still gets excited about them. In other words, do what you want to do, the excitement of finding a non silver proof will ware off quickly as far as Im concerned.

This hobby has many different personality types, whatever fits your style...

Happy hunting though.

chris.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread