Is it worth sending to get graded.?
2017-04-11 14.51.45.jpg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Although the pic is hiding the true condition of the coin due to glare, some darker areas and what appears to be plastic over part or all of the coin and due to it not being a Semi-Key or Key Date, low mintage coin, then I would still say no even if the pic was better! Besides, the Reverse was struck with a considerably worn Die thus the mushy details on quite a bit of the Memorial Building.

Frank

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm curious as to why you would think this was a coin worthy of being graded? Unless you have good reason to believe it was struck on a brass (copper) planchet instead of the zinc planchet, there really is no value to this particular coin, unless there is something I'm not aware of.

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If you watch all those "This coin in your pocket change is worth millions" videos, you'll save every coin you ever come across. The coin in that video was a 1985 MS68+ with a rotated die, but even still it's realistically only worth a few hundred. Someone must have really wanted/needed an MS68+ rotated for their collection.

Don't believe all the youtube hype.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If you watch all those "This coin in your pocket change is worth millions" videos, you'll save every coin you ever come across. The coin in that video was a 1985 MS68+ with a rotated die, but even still it's realistically only worth a few hundred. Someone must have really wanted/needed an MS68+ rotated for their collection.

Don't believe all the youtube hype.

I agree but also believe that the coin was Overgraded! The owner apparently did not feel that the Rotation of the Reverse to the Obverse was enough to warrant paying the extra cost for the Error notation on the Holder's label and really it is fairly minimal and would not likely add any real extra value or bids. I guess the reason that the High Bidder paid so much for the coin was due to it being a Fun Auction.:icon_scratch: I hope he or she has Fun trying to unload the coin for that price in the future!:laughing7:

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions