Attachments

• result-4.jpeg
    result-4.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 163

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks to me like it is just been worn off due to circulation or it sat on concrete and was step on a few thousand times. This is most likely not an error and 99% of the time when people post pictures on here it's usually post mint damage (PMD). I have been guilty of posting a picture of a coin I thought was an error only to find out its PMD. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be grease filled die- but im no expert

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a minor Off-Center (Error) Strike with no real additional value above face value! If it was a Partial Collar Strike, there would be evidence of a railroad rim where the rim actually remains. If it was a Broadstruck Error, then there would be smearing (spread of the metal) from the area where the rim remains to the actual strike and there is none there.

Frank

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed.....a crumby strike, worn die, and circulation wear= one ugly dime! No added value. Sorry! :laughing7:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to see the reverse to determine if it's off center. I would lean more toward a misaligned die.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have to see the reverse to determine if it's off center. I would lean more toward a misaligned die.

Yeah, it is hard to sometimes determine an Error when you do not have pics of both sides of a coin for reference. However, Misaligned Die Errors normally result in a much thicker rim opposite the shift or misalignment (i.e. if the Obverse Die was misaligned Southeast when it struck the coin, then the rim opposite of this is much thicker) and is the reason I went with an Off-Center strike. Also with MAD Errors, the rim of the coin has been obliterated by the Die on the side of (direction) the misalignment. In any case, with the Error being so minor and without being able to view a pic of the Reverse of the O.P's coins, it is extremely hard to make a correct determination as to the cause of the error!

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread