david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was about 25 degrees when I left the house, but after about three hours it warmed up enough that my toes were not freezing anymore so I made a day out of it. To bad I didn't stop and dig one more penny. Clad was 32 quarters, 43 dimes, 29 nickels, and 93 pennies. Pulled one silver Rosie and a wheat cent. All the jewelry was bling. Couple of coin spills.

DSCF1246.JPG DSCF1247.JPG DSCF1248.JPG DSCF1249.JPG DSCF1250.JPG DSCF1251.JPG DSCF1252.JPG

This was last Sunday's hunt in a pasture, hunted a old home site. Actually looking for a old one room schoolhouse but the owner mentioned that this was here so when I was striking out on the schoolhouse I tried it. One Merc and a few wheats. Couple of Tootsie cars. The Jaguar was neat, I remember having that same car when I was a kid.

DSCF1254.JPG DSCF1255.JPG DSCF1256.JPG DSCF1257.JPG

Upvote 15
OP
OP
D

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's all the trash you got from all that digging, that's one hell of a great trash to coin ratio. We are a weird bunch aren't we? To get so excited over recovering 15+ - dollars...

Naw, there was more trash then that. But the pile of coins was about 2/3 of the size of the pile of trash. And I wasn't even avoiding digging trash, running all metal and notching out everything under 40. Just one of those days.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious though, just how many hours are in a "day's hunt", like this?

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
That was a productive hunt. With that many holes dug, tomorrow you will feel like you fought with an angry bear. :laughing7:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I thought I was doing good in the front yard yesterday before dark with a penny, a quarter, three dimes and a nickel (all recents). Of course, it was "I need you to put up the wreaths." "You need to put the boxes inside." and on and on and on... :unhappysmiley:

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Xp ORX, whites v3, whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
man,you gonna wear out your digin tool,lol..nice job!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was probably close to 9 hours.

Wow! You must be a VERY efficient, walker, pinpointer, digger, retriever AND replacing divots! I am impressed!

That's better than 3 minutes a hole! Much better than I could ever do! :notworthy:

OP
OP
D

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You must be a VERY efficient, walker, pinpointer, digger, retriever AND replacing divots! I am impressed!

That's better than 3 minutes a hole! Much better than I could ever do! :notworthy:

A lot of probing. Was doing as little digging as possible. A number of surface finds, multiple coin spills and as many as 9 coins in a single spill.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of probing. Was doing as little digging as possible. A number of surface finds, multiple coin spills and as many as 9 coins in a single spill.

Still! I am impressed! I only wish I could still dig like that, even probing takes a bit. I know I've done that too.

Excellent day!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really kinda epic, the amount of dedication and persistence... Pay's !! :thumbsup: :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread