1990's Fisher 1266-X

VaYank5150

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2024
Hello. I was a very active relic hunter back in the day, but grew out of it after being unable to find private property to hunt on. I recently sold my 1266-X on eBay. It was working perfectly before I disassembled it for shipping, which included disconnecting the coil from the detector. Upon arrival, my buyer states it was DOA. The detector is on it's way back to me now, and was hoping someone might have some ideas as to what could have happened?

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I hope you get YOUR machine back. Ebay is full of scammers. Does the buyer have decent feedback? Did you make note of the serial number on your machine before selling?
On the flip side, did he install the batteries correctly or??? Lots of not so bright folks out there.
Hope it works for you once returned.

OP
OP
VaYank5150

VaYank5150

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2024
I hope you get YOUR machine back. Ebay is full of scammers. Does the buyer have decent feedback? Did you make note of the serial number on your machine before selling?
On the flip side, did he install the batteries correctly or??? Lots of not so bright folks out there.
Hope it works for you once returned.
Thank you very much for the quick response. I have been messaging with the buyer throughout the process and he has over 2K positives on eBay. He is frustrated, just as I am frustrated and I can't wait to get my detector back. I just can't understand what could have happened.

OP
OP
VaYank5150

VaYank5150

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2024
So, I got my 1266X back and sure enough, it is dead. Doe anyone know if there are any local detector repair shops in the Richmond, VA area? I am concerned that the shipping may have done the damage.

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Hello. I was a very active relic hunter back in the day, but grew out of it after being unable to find private property to hunt on. I recently sold my 1266-X on eBay. It was working perfectly before I disassembled it for shipping, which included disconnecting the coil from the detector. Upon arrival, my buyer states it was DOA. The detector is on it's way back to me now, and was hoping someone might have some ideas as to what could have happened?
It’s weard

And frustrating, I hope it has something simple to fix it.

Did you check the connection ?

My best wishes to you

OP
OP
VaYank5150

VaYank5150

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2024
It’s weard

And frustrating, I hope it has something simple to fix it.

Did you check the connection ?

My best wishes to you
That IS the weirdest part. It worked just fine before I disassembled it for shipping. Obviously, the only electronic disconnection was the cable from the coil t the main box. It's a mystery to me.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP DÄ“us II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was it shipped with batteries installed?
If so, were all connections insulated from shorting during shipping?

I've inadvertently drained batteries that way; IDK if electronics could be damaged; depends on age/tech, I spoze...

OP
OP
VaYank5150

VaYank5150

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2024
Was it shipped with batteries installed?
If so, were all connections insulated from shorting during shipping?

I've inadvertently drained batteries that way; IDK if electronics could be damaged; depends on age/tech, I spoze...
Hmmmm....I did ship it with the batteries installed, simply because I knew it was working prior to disassembly.

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Hmmmm....I did ship it with the batteries installed, simply because I knew it was working prior to disassembly.
Did you already receive back?

Any chance that you connect a different coil? In that way you could check if is the coil or the controller.

OP
OP
VaYank5150

VaYank5150

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2024
Did you already receive back?

Any chance that you connect a different coil? In that way you could check if is the coil or the controller.
Thanks for the tip. The eBayer stated he connected one of his other coils to it to no avail. I do not have another coil, unless the coil on my newer F22 would suffice?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread