1995 US Five Dollar Double print or Ink carry over??

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure what to consider this, was sitting in my hotel room looking at coins which I love doing. When I decided to look at my paper money....boredom I tell ya! any way I found this Five with the back stamped Lightly on the front. and on the back you can see one of the numbers from the serial number on it. How ever can not find my good cam due to packing, am tired and don't feel like fussing with it, so the best I got out of 12 pics are the two of the front showing mostly the FIVE, stamped over the the lower right hand #5. Will try to add better pics soon.

I take it back these pics suck to...brb with better!

Thanks "TR"

Attachments

• Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 439

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
are you sure another five didn't get stuck against it and got wet, I've had that happen to me in my wallet

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
That is a good eye you have! It very well could be from wet ink. Value is usually dependant on the severity of the error. Either way, nice find.

John

OP
OP
pinkysbliss

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are some new pics.. not sure these are any better...But no this has not been wett that I can tell, no water stains at all..Could it have bleed through?

Attachments

• Picture 036.jpg
    Picture 036.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 566
  • Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 579
OP
OP
pinkysbliss

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more, these pics are not very good ...But will have to do for now...thanks TR
HEHE! had my daughter not been paying attention I would have given this bill up to my dad...wtg! LOL

Attachments

• Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 501
  • Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 684

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
since money is made from cotton and not wood, unless the water has a high mineral content, there shouldn't be any water stains

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Sniffer said:
since money is made from cotton and not wood, unless the water has a high mineral content, there shouldn't be any water stains

This is coming from someone who has washed their wallet numerous times ;D I have never noticed the ink running on any paper money before, have you? If so, are you sure it was real money? ;D

John

OP
OP
pinkysbliss

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ROFL! you guys are killing me...but you can still tell if its been wet or not...as with washed money it feels and looks diffrent (I'm a mom, I get to keep the money I find in the wash, I figure that's my pay so I see lots of it, haha)..this is going to drive me insane....have lost my good camera.... :'( few words I wont say about that! so no detailed pics for this..grrrr!

Be back soon with some thing better! pic wise any way! ;D

"TR"

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I'm not talking about washed money, money that has gotten wet through sweat in your pocket and then left to dry

OP
OP
pinkysbliss

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I can really say is eeeeewwww! U win..../shiver...and I get it! really... :icon_jokercolor:

"TR"

there is still a noticeable difference..... ::) hehe........

OP
OP
pinkysbliss

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: 1995 US Five Dollar Double print or Ink carry over??New Pics

Finally located my good cam... ::) Left it in a friends truck...blah! bad me..any way here are some better pics of that 5 I have. Hope this gives a better Idea or one of us will any way :icon_scratch: hehe....

"TR"

Attachments

• Coins 028.jpg
    Coins 028.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 439
  • Five.jpg
    Five.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 344
  • Coins 032.jpg
    Coins 032.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 525

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I don't know, but it looks real light colored so it may have gotten real wet sometime in the past

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread