1996 Hunt for Amazing Treasures - query (Ubilla hoard)

H

haroldd

1996 'Hunt for Amazing Treasures' - query (Ubilla hoard)

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me which episode of the 'Hunt for Amazing Treasures' featured the 1715 Ubilla treasure, allegedly buried in the Juan Fernandez islands off the coast of Chile.

This is the hoard that was supposed to have been dug up by an English pirate a few decades later, and then reburied.

Has anyone watched this film? If so, I'd be very grateful for some details as to where to get hold of it.

Many thanks!

Harold

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
Re: 1996 'Hunt for Amazing Treasures' - query (Ubilla hoard)

I never saw that show. But in 'Maxim' magazine (about a year ago) there was a great article about this cache. It concerned an ex Chicago businessman named Bernard Keiser (spelling of last name may be incorrect) who now lives on this island. It's called Robinson Crusoe island and is off the coast of Chile, I believe it was formerly called Juan Fernandez island. Anyway, he's been engaged in a full-time treasure hunt there digging massive holes trying to find it. The article said the value would be in the several millions of dollars and they tried to use some special robot to locate it b/c it's buried very deep.... If you google "bernard keiser" you should stumble on a link to the article if you're interested in reading it....
HH
-spyguy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread