19th century bottle action yesterday / pack for travel !

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a likely bottle spot on my Friday hunt in the 19th century woods I have been hunting . Not as early as I like but still made some decent finds ! The 1930's carnival glass ginger ale bottle is pretty ! A few other pop bottles a Cloverdale springs bottle ! Were among the bottles in the first layer ! Towards the bottom I was getting all these ink or artist oil paint bottles ! Circa 1895. I believe the big bottle coming out of the old bucket I uncovered was some kind of paint thinner ! The oil paint bottles were Mfg. By three different companies ! All selling artist and drafting supplies at the turn of the century . Wadsworth and Howland Boston . Devoe and Raynolds . New York . Chicago and Windor & Newton ! Thanks for looking and happy treasure hunting !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    794.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    935.3 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 4

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Fabulous! :icon_thumright: Love that Wadsworth bottle! :icon_thumright:Super that you found so many paint/ink bottles, plus many intact bottles! :icon_thumright: Andi

Hondo

Jul 1, 2014
Midwest
Detector(s) used
AT- Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big fan of the bottles!!! Good stuff right there and looks to be a promising area you are in!!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of unbroken glass buddy. Very nice bottle digs.

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fabulous! :icon_thumright: Love that Wadsworth bottle! :icon_thumright:Super that you found so many paint/ink bottles, plus many intact bottles! :icon_thumright: Andi
Thanks Golden Years I had a fun and productive weekend ! MR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread