1K in customer rolled dimes

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
the vault teller at my dump bank was complaining today about all the change she had to deal with. she said she had 1K in customer rolled dimes to open and put in a fed bag to send off. i quickly offered my assistance. i told her to give me the bag and sell me the dimes and i would bring them back monday for her to ship out. she gladly agreed. i just got finished with them. got 3 silver rossies. this is the first time i have tried customer rolls, as i normally order boxes of dimes. guess they produced about what the boxes do. i know rich swears by the customer rolls. might try another batch of them soon.

Upvote 0

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I have searched Thousands of dollars in FED rolls and have not found a single silver dime. I have had weeks where I searched 400 in handrolls and found one silver every day. I only go with handrolls unless I am REALLY bad off.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
silvercop said:
the vault teller at my dump bank was complaining today about all the change she had to deal with. she said she had 1K in customer rolled dimes to open and put in a fed bag to send off. i quickly offered my assistance. i told her to give me the bag and sell me the dimes and i would bring them back monday for her to ship out. she gladly agreed. i just got finished with them. got 3 silver rossies. this is the first time i have tried customer rolls, as i normally order boxes of dimes. guess they produced about what the boxes do. i know rich swears by the customer rolls. might try another batch of them soon.

SC,
I like the customer rolls for quantity. For quality,Mercs & Barbers boxes are better. There are a lot of dime searchers out there so you have to watch out for the dumps.
I've had skunk dime boxes but rarely get skunked on the handrolled. Bags are okay too, although I once had a skunk bag.
HH
Rich

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
So far have done 2 Dime Boxes found one Rosie, but did ask teller for 20 Customer rolls week ago just to see if customer rolled dimes might payoff, found one Mercury in like new condition with full rim and all, 1944.

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
I really like the hand rolled. I average about 1 silver per one hundred dollars searched. Last year, for a period, the average was one silver per $50.

OWS

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kd5txx said:
I have searched Thousands of dollars in FED rolls and have not found a single silver dime. I have had weeks where I searched 400 in handrolls and found one silver every day. I only go with handrolls unless I am REALLY bad off.
Let's all start calling them machine rolls, not fed rolls. I don't know why, but every time I hear them called that it's like nails on a blackboard. ;D
HH
enamel7

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
enamel7 said:
kd5txx said:
Let's all start calling them machine rolls, not fed rolls. I don't know why, but every time I hear them called that it's like nails on a blackboard. ;D
HH
enamel7
Agreed, that's bothered me for years!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Averages here are about the same cr's or machine wrapped. The boxes do give up more variety. It's getting harder to find cr's anymore, in quantity, they usually ship 'em out when they get a few hundred. My average is about 1/$150.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
SC,
I like the customer rolls for quantity. For quality,Mercs & Barbers boxes are better. There are a lot of dime searchers out there so you have to watch out for the dumps.
I've had skunk dime boxes but rarely get skunked on the handrolled. Bags are okay too, although I once had a skunk bag.
HH
Rich
[/quote]

I agree totally. Hand rolls for quantity , fed rolled for quality.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread