1st art

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7b63c858d2fe286b62f56b0099016ade.jpg
ac75164d391e51698147554f9a5e2803.jpg

Russomanno
Actually found him on Facebook.. Said he did them 40 years ago and not to put an insurance value on them under $500 each... Paid 24 total for both. They are staying with me for a while lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are a lot more tasteful looking then the majority of art people find in thrift stores thinking they've found some masterpiece. Good Eye!!! To me 90% of the original art I see in thrift shops are pretty much crap. Seems the sigma of finding that million dollar painting in a thrift shop has a lot of folk picking up so many duds. To me if the artist isn't immediately found on a google search then it's best to leave it on the shelf, but some unknown artist stuff is nice to the eyes and have a salable value imo. I've only picked up a handful of art to resell and what I have purchased all made a nice profit.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never even looked at a framed picture before.. I seen these and had to have them. They will be displayed in my new home when I close is 3 weeks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me 90% of the original art I see in thrift shops are pretty much crap. Seems the sigma of finding that million dollar painting in a thrift shop has a lot of folk picking up so many duds. To me if the artist isn't immediately found on a google search then it's best to leave it on the shelf, but some unknown artist stuff is nice to the eyes and have a salable value imo. I've only picked up a handful of art to resell and what I have purchased all made a nice profit.

My main problem with art is usually deciphering the signature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread