1st Barber Quarter, 1830 Large Cent & A Little Bit of Everything!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All! These are my finds from the weekend from a few different sites. I got out Thursday for a couple hours to my great grandma's house & founds the 2 IHs, 2 wheat pennies & earring. That was actually really good considering how many times I've hunted this place. Saturday we got out to the colonial site we found last weekend. I didn't do so good but found a few things. My buddy Jeff got in a hot spot & found a 1770 1/4 cut 8 reales (2nd from site) and another bullion weight! After that we headed to a late 1700s church we've done good at. I found my first barber quarter! I also found an 1830 large cent. I should have left it alone but I decided to try to clean it since I thought a lot of detail was there. It was until I got to it, I guess a lot of the details were in the corrosion. :BangHead: I haven't had good luck with any of the large cents I've found... Oh well, still happy to have it. I also found a buffalo, a Henry casing & some other interesting relics. It was a beautiful day to get out with some good buddies & save some history. Thanks for looking & HH! barb_quart.png LC_before_cleaning.jpg lc_crap.png colon.png henry.png bale_seals.png pennies.png buffshit.png earrings.png dsjb.png

Upvote 12

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's so hard to leave those coppers alone. We think we can make it just a little better. It's just not easy to accept what the ground gives us. Thank goodness silver doesn't have to tempt us. You made quite the haul.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread