1st day at new permission site

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit a new spot this morning. It's a large field that is part of a land trust. I only spent about 2 hours there as the grass in many parts is still very tall. Anyway, my first signal was a key. From there it was a series of old nails fairly deep. The most interesting find was an old pocket knife. I'm trying to clean it up a bit to see if I can get a brand name on it. It is very rusted, so I doubt that's going to happen. I also found an long piece of heavy metal. Not sure what it was part of.

Still plenty to hunt there, and it's finally cooling off in New England. I wore pants and a sweatshirt for the first time since I can remember. Digging in shorts and a tee shirt has been the norm.

Have a great weekend!

IMG_1255.JPG

Upvote 12

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Is the item on the upper left a Button? I like the old knife finds...just wish they came out of the ground in better shape..Thanks for sharing your hunt..

mk4125

Jul 9, 2015
Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett/AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime you can find a concentration of 'square nails' you know you are in the right spot. :)

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man the signs are there. You have a good site.

OP
OP
Phishfindr

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is the item on the upper left a Button? I like the old knife finds...just wish they came out of the ground in better shape..Thanks for sharing your hunt..

It’s not a button. It’s a washer. When I first saw it I thought it was a big coin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread