Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted up in the back this afternoon. It used to be part of an old farm. There is junk dating from 15 years ago, all the way back (potentially) to the 1700's.

I am still not accustomed to the Exp XS, but I did find some things. 1st coin I found with it was a 1944 wheatie, at about 3 inches deep. Because it's a first, I"ll probably put it in a 2x2 flip.

Top row in photo is fairly recent junk, from no more than 25 years ago. The gear-looking thingie is a piece of a cap gun I threw in the field when I was maybe 10 years old. The large bullets are 58 calibers, I dropped them at least 15 years ago while out deer hunting (or did I use them as slingshot ammo??).

Not shown: some foil and a tangled mass of iron wire from a fence that was probably there 100+ years ago.
Also there was a corroded brass base from an old Peters 20 gauge shotgun shell which I forgot to add. Judging from the headstamp, I'd say 1940's or 50's.

Attachments

• field-stuff-june14-2006.jpg
    field-stuff-june14-2006.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rusted_Iron

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Congrats on the finds and on the new machine!

We'll be seeing some super finds coming from you soon.

Thanks Badger and everyone. I hope I don't disappoint you folks. The machine can find stuff, but so far my pinpointing skills have been dismal.

Did I mention I also got a Tejon? 8) Yeah I know, 2 awesome detectors in one week, I'm spoiling myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread