1st day out with the new detector

K

knuckles

I went out to a man made beach which seems to only have about 2" o 3" of sand a place in the Oakland hills called Lake Temiscal. I found afew coins namely 1996 penny, 2000 penny, 1997 penny, 1980 quarter and a very rusted 2000 dime that i found in the grassy area along with a few of the pennies in different spots. Also a nail, a Few can tabs and a crumpled up tree top applesauce lid.

All were found at differrent depths between 2" and 4" using a Famous Trails Platinum Series Advanced Metal Detector. Model #MD9300
All in about 3 hours or so.

Has any one else heard of this detector? because I cant find anyone using it elsewhere.

http://www.mercantila.com/catalog/buy/Metal_Detector/

I want to try it on a real beach soon one that is deep sand because the Temecsal beach is clay right below the 3" layer of sand So I couldnt get a a good idea of the depth capability of my detector.

I still had fun though ,,,,Thanks all.

P.S I`ll get back to you all after the next hunt.

Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Knuckles, never heard of your machine, hope someone can help you out and look forward to your post.HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know that machine but there is an influx of Chinese made machines right now. Perhaps? I bought an Chinese machine first time out and exchanged it because I didn't want to support the commies. Just my opinion. If you bought it through a dealer surely they have osme info on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread