Zofchak

Mar 11, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Excaliburs, Sovereign GT and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
  Today I decided to try an area I had been researching for a while. The area saw activity from the late 1800's to around 1940 and little afterward. It was a complete relief to not have to dig a single pull tab in 3 hours of hunting. ;D
I managed my first bit of gold (I'm pretty sure it's the front of a ring) and a small pin from the USRR "United States Rail Road".  The pin dates to between 1917 and 1920, and I really don't have a clue as to the ring ???.  Hopefully I'll have my Explorer in the next few weeks! This place is an amazing spot to detect, unfortunately my ACE just does not have the depth needed to get through the 8-10 inches of soft topsoil.

Attachments

• Picture 165.jpg
    Picture 165.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 457
  • Picture 164.jpg
    Picture 164.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 451
  • Picture 163.jpg
    Picture 163.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 446
Upvote 0
  Thanks for the comments! :thumbsup: I'm really excited about heading back to this place again, just need to get another inch or two to get down to the rock/sand layer. I was easily pulling nails at 8-10" and most everything I dug  was right where the topsoil met the sand.  I was getting a lot of one way and jumpy signals at right around the 8" indicator and I'm sure I was passing up some good targets by not digging them.  Has anyone tried the 10 x 14 DD Exccelerator coil on their 250? Perhaps a bigger coil is all I need.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back