jvav

Mar 11, 2013
Garwin IA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Spectrum XLT, AT-Pro, Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on a little outing with my youngest daughter yesterday. Little daddy daughter day thing. Had the fishing poles and of course a couple machines. Fish were not cooperative so we had a little lunch and I asked her if she wanted to check out the beach for a while. She was a little reluctant because the last time she went with me she couldn't swing it herself and her job was to hold the pointer and shovel. "Dad that is boring" is her response and "we never find anything when I go". I said nope u get your own machine, pointer, and shovel. If you need anything holler I'll be over here. I had her kind of mimic my signals and bout 3rd hole in along the shore out pops this
20170429_133723.jpg

That got her excited and we found some clad, Bobby pins, and just normal beach trash. But the look on her face when she saw the ring was awesome. Couldn't pry her off that beach after that even when it started raining.
We took it to the local jewelry store had it rounded cleaned and they gave us a box. She is going to give it to her mom for mothers day. Hands down the best day I've had hunting ever.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Upvote 22

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find.

I have a friend and she has a 9 year old daughter I took hunting. She found an 1895 nickel the first time. The absolute JOY on her face made that one of the best hunts ever.
I saw her on Friday and she made me promise to take her out hunting SOON. The seed is planted.

You can't beat those kind of hunts. Finding gold and old coins makes it that much better...

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yep, she's hooked for sure. congrats on the awesome sweet gold ring

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions! :occasion14:

morris-code

Jan 18, 2014
VH, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the first gold of the year I happened to score my first gold last week too! Nothing beats spending time with your children in the great outdoors.

Noticed were practically neighbors. I live just east of you in VH-Benton Co. If you are ever looking for a detecting bud, hit me up sometime. HH!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome post!! Sharing Detecting with our children is priceless. And what perfect timing to find the gold mom ring. Congrats and HH

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome all the way around! Congrats!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jvav

jvav

Mar 11, 2013
Garwin IA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Spectrum XLT, AT-Pro, Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She couldn't wait already gave it to her mother even after she swore up and down she wouldn't buckle but could not bare not telling her. Thanks for all your kind words and showed her the post and she agrees that the people on this site are genuine and positive. Glad to be a part of this community and she is definitely hooked.. I have a hunting buddy for life.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread