shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope this is the right forum-

Just bought the CTX. Have had several older detectors including Explorer I and MXT. I own a small piece of Land w/ 50+ year old house on it. I have detected it w/ everything I've owned including 4500. Ol man that lived here for the most part of the 50 years was a real trash hound and buried it all. Nothing visible on the surface, but inches down everywhere! Lets put it this way, can't find a 10' square to plant a test garden! Trash found light bulb bases (alum), beer cans, nails, foil, batteries, flashbulbs (you get the picture) most all found down to 5-6".

First, didn't care for price, but bought into hype as I'm used to it w/ Minelab, but also their quality. Only have about 10 hours on it and still on first charge of battery. Pinpointing seems pretty dang good. What really impresses me is the visual breakdown of confusing signals received showing a nail or screw next to a good target and it dang sure does! Have had several instances where confirm a target then after digging it disappears, but believe that's my recovery method; may have to upgrade from my old Tinytec probe; bottom line, I find my target (it's usually small trash). Now my good targets found ;-) 17 mem pennies and 2 clad dimes, not much, but I feel I have a better chance now than w/ the ol explorer or the MXT.

Would much rather be out detecting for gold in AZ or where ever, w/ my ol 4500, but work won't allow that yet. This brings fun back into coin hunting (don't tell that to my knees or legs).

Take this all with a grain of salt, but I'm impressed!

Shep

Upvote 0

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine yesterday and I to am impressed by the target trace and ability to see the trash and the good targets. I have 4 hours on it and so far very happy.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats your deepest targets so far?

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was thinking about the 3030 as well but decided to spend less for ATG until I can afford something better. But I did drool over that one for awhile. Could've bought it but being a newbie. I wanted to get what I felt comfortable with

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions