1st :Museum" Find

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st "Museum Piece"!!! Scored these beauties hunting in Meridian last night. The local Historian does not know about the J.A. Pitman token. She said they were "Long time Meridian family - I'm not sure just where J. A. fits, but Linda Tewksbury's brother is married to Jana Pitman. Her dad was Ray & her grandfather was Zeke. If you must must have it - keep it, but we'd like to put it with the other ones we have in the display case. Jana had three sisters no brothers - & an Uncle Bill whose son was killed as a young man - (he was in my middle sons class) -" Of course it is going to be there.
:hello2:

20170424_191542.jpg 20170424_191552.jpg 20170424_191953.jpg 20170424_192000.jpg

Upvote 20

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beware

1st "Museum Piece"!!! Scored these beauties hunting in Meridian last night. The local Historian does not know about the J.A. Pitman token. She said they were "Long time Meridian family - I'm not sure just where J. A. fits, but Linda Tewksbury's brother is married to Jana Pitman. Her dad was Ray & her grandfather was Zeke. If you must must have it - keep it, but we'd like to put it with the other ones we have in the display case. Jana had three sisters no brothers - & an Uncle Bill whose son was killed as a young man - (he was in my middle sons class) -" Of course it is going to be there.
:hello2:

Congrats! Love the tokens. Keep a close eye on the display over the years. My dad donated Indian artifacts and old bottles to our local museum (at their request), and they never displayed them. Who knows what happened to them.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Area code 312 is for the Chicago area.

The area code system was developed by AT&T and Bell Laboratories in the 1940's, and went into effect in 1947. It was called the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) and included the United States and Canada .

Searching for "J. A. Pitman" was inconclusive.

OP
OP
R

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already asked what happens to the pieces if they dissolve

OP
OP
R

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for trying DeepseekerADS

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice token finds! :occasion14:

OP
OP
R

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Professor of Engineering

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep a close eye on the display over the years. My dad donated Indian artifacts and old bottles to our local museum (at their request), and they never displayed them. Who knows what happened to them.

Museums get literally hundreds of donations a year, especially from estates. It takes a lot of time to create an exhibit, and the relevance, so most of the donations just go into storage. Depending on the museum, and the policies (you should read this before donating) they have the right to sell the artifact to general money for operating expenses.
I was working with the Gem and Mineral Museum, and literally tons of rocks,minerals, and whatever showed up per week.

OP
OP
R

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Advice seekerGH I will dig into it

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Museums get literally hundreds of donations a year, especially from estates. It takes a lot of time to create an exhibit, and the relevance, so most of the donations just go into storage. Depending on the museum, and the policies (you should read this before donating) they have the right to sell the artifact to general money for operating expenses.
I was working with the Gem and Mineral Museum, and literally tons of rocks,minerals, and whatever showed up per week.

Yup, that's why I mentioned it. Neither you or the public may never see the objects again, which is a shame.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread