Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of my MD hunts thus far have been in public places........parks, tot lots, fields that are used for parking or snow removal, etc. All these areas have been invaluable for trying different techniques, experimentation and just good training. I haven't posted too many of my finds because, well quite frankly, they haven't been very interesting (with the exception of a couple of items). I've been reluctant to take advantage of those kind enough to give me permission to hunt their lands for fear of damage........until today. It was 2 hours and 200 sq. ft. of front lawn at a creek side house built in the 1960s...............a private, relaxing, take my time, dig specific signals without the prying eyes of the curious hunt. I still didn't find any older coins, but did net $1.45 to add to my monthly total ($27.42 before today) and 2016 total of over $120. Here is a picture of some of the finds..........

1st Permission Bounty.jpg

I did notice............even the trash was more interesting.............
Oh, and there was this little thing.............

1st Permission Ring.jpg

Total weight .30 oz. of 925..................

Hopefully, there will be more to come. I have secured permissions from 4 different 1800s farms in the area............

Thanks for looking in................

Upvote 11

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That silver ring is sweet!

Nice skeleton key too :thumb_up:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really, really, REALLY like that beautiful, unusual sterling ring. Congrats on a great hunt. Sub 8-)

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your finds but more importantly, your first permission hunt! As you do more permissions hunts, you will get more comfortable with them. The key to getting to go back and to feeling comfortable digging on someone's lawn is to get really good at pinpointing and then digging a flap. When you are able to look back at the yard and not see any places you dug, you will have no reservations about digging on someone's lawn. I love when a hunting buddy asks to see where a dug a coin and I cannot find the exact spot! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Dinkleman

Apr 12, 2016
Rochester ny
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, pro pointer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds... I tend to find some of the junk I find tends to be more interesting than most of what I find.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for your encouragement and advice.............

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring!!

Nothing like digging an old yard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread