1st real dig and gold this year!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
made it out to meet PH today about 12 or so me and ph meet at his watering hole had a drink or 3 ;) cool thing is the drained lake is across the parking lot from the bar!so we shoot the breeze for a while then headed to the lake for about 3 1/2 hours the take for the day for me was 30 full pull tabs 20 or so 1/2 ones little can slaw 10 pennies 1/45 wheat 1 POS ring with a cool tiger eye stone and a tiny size 4 10KT ring with a small garnet or ruby.PH has pics when he gets to it.WAS A AWESOME DAY 60 in the sun easy digging PH did a good job cleaning it out as we all can see!!!THANKS PH see what i can round up for us around here...PH get a sand scoop!!!!that DD coil was a killer on his garret me i stuck with the 9 inch had a few issues with black sand every now and then only seemed to happen at the deeper part of the lake and near the metal dive tower.i think i was getting rust playing with my machine as i couldnt pinpoint in the water near the tower it was one solid tone alll around it i worked the beach edge most the time then headed to were the dive tower was there was still standing water that was a pain water hunters have my respect for sure not easy digging or swinging at all.COOL AWESOME DAY ALL AROUND...PH=parrothead

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dek,

Sounds like you & PH had a great day...nice warm weather & awesome finds. Can't wait to see the pictures.

HH :)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you got out Dekalb,was 74 here on the east coast of the mid atlantic.pretty cool you got hook up with PH.Those 30 pull tab's weren't your's were they.....JK....Gonna try to find some shed's myself this weekend.Enjoy the weather and good luck this year.HH!!

Mar 4, 2004
Glad you was able to get out. Little soggy downstate where I live. In fact I had a swimming hole in my front yard. ;D
Me think's a mucky spring is comm'in.
HH,Wooly

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
sounds good! must have been nice to shake off some of that cabin fever! ;)

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a great time! Congrats on the finds and the gold!

HH!
TBGO

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good you got out and congrats on the gold! HH, Mike

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on a great day, and the ring finds, WTG!!!
What does the "POS" stand for/,,, I never seen that one...
Good luck, & happy hunting~

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Congrats on getting out to the bar for a drink...whoops...mean sand bar for a some swinging....aaahhh detecting. ;) Sounds like you both had a great time at both places. Congrats on your finds.

Ken

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm jealous!3 drinks?man that sounds awesome,did u say something about a ring?

R

rvbvetter

After 3 drinks, I'm afraid my coil would have looked like it had been in a Bumper Car Tournament. Good weather, good friends, good times and good finds.
What can you say, but; It doesn't get any better than that!! WTG!!! HH

OP
OP
E

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DJ ,yes been to ottos a few times ::) they always have live bands you get this way and play see if i can check you guys out!!!i live about a mile from downtowns "strip" i was at mollys the other night with my bud, good grub and $2 hienys......

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you two had a great day 34!~

Congrats on that ring find!

Nana ;)