1st Relic hunt of the season. UPDATED Georges finds added

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
1st Relic hunt of the season. UPDATED George's finds added

My buddy George and I got out today in our raingear to site we did last season. Super muddy and wet. After awhile one of our other detecting buddies Sam showed up as well. The copper is unrecognizable as it's worn pretty good, but my guess is a KG since we got a bunch of them from that area last year. Also a no date buffalo along with 13 1/2 buttons and some doodads. Three buttons are pewter and one vent back button. I was pretty surprised at how deep I had to dig for one of them. I got to try out my new Troy Pro headphones that work great. George got around 9 or 10 buttons and a large buckle in two pieces. I'll add his pics when he sends them over. Sam also got 7 or 8 buttons in the time he was there. The other side where we got the Spanish silver from, still has soy on it so we'll have to wait on that. I must say it felt good to get back out there trapesing around in the corn stubble even with the 5lbs of mud on each boot. Good luck out there.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 9-28.jpg
    9-28.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 542
Upvote 0
Re: 1st Relic hunt of the season.

Looks like a good hunt Mike. One of these days we'd love to hunt with you guys.

Mike, not a bad start to the season! Mud? LOL, not here in my area, lackofrainitis.....

Don

Nice hunt/ start to the season, that's a lot of buttons you guys got :thumbsup:
Glenn

Nice collection of stuff there, the roofing nail appears to be a 1940 vintage :icon_jokercolor: WTG

Nice haul, its almost time for me to start relic hunting again and I can't wait.

Mike,

It is nice to see you at your relic hunt again! :thumbsup:

As always, keep your passion high!

Kirk

Great relics, I love all the old buttons! Yup pretty muddy where i was at also, but soon it will be frozen so dig while you can. :)

That looks like a nice day of relic hunting!
Congrats! Dale

Re: 1st Relic hunt of the season. UPDATED George's finds added

Thanks everyone. Love the relic hunting. Here's a couple pics of George's finds from yesterday.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• george928.jpg
    george928.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 252
  • george928a.jpg
    george928a.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 251

Nice Relics........From the looks of those items , the area your finding them must be pretty wet or was very wet at one time. They look pretty corroded.........Good luck going back!

The Seeker said:
Nice Relics........From the looks of those items , the area your finding them must be pretty wet or was very wet at one time. They look pretty corroded.........Good luck going back!
Yeah, years of fertilizer does a number on the oldies.
HH, Mike in NJ

Gotta Love the ole' "Frankenstein" foot Mike....Hope it's a little drier for you guy's next time around.Tis the season Man :thumbsup:

Mike, it is good to see you and George out in the field hunting for those Colonial artifacts with the passion. You guys know how to hunt!!! :thumbsup:

Here's to finding another 1684 cob on your next hunt! :occasion14:

Kyle

civilman1 said:
Gotta Love the ole' "Frankenstein" foot Mike....Hope it's a little drier for you guy's next time around.Tis the season Man :thumbsup:
I love it! Frankenstein feet. We knew it was gonna be muddy, but someone forgot their boots and it was'nt me. ;D
Good thing he had a extra pair of sneakers. Can't wait to get back.
HH, Mike in NJ

Colonial Zoyboy said:
Mike, it is good to see you and George out in the field hunting for those Colonial artifacts with the passion. You guys know how to hunt!!! :thumbsup:

Here's to finding another 1684 cob on your next hunt! :occasion14:

Kyle
Kyle that's where I found that 1684, but on the other side which still has the soy on it. 60 feet away from the 1684 George found this one. Whatta day. I'm all jazzed up to hunt right now!!! Where's that headlamp? 8) I'm outta here.
Cyas, Mike

Attachments

• g1a.jpg
    g1a.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 211
  • g2a.jpg
    g2a.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 204

You had a great hunt. Congrates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread