1st time MDer, 2nd day with the Etrac, and SILVER found...

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
1st time MD'er, 2nd day with the Etrac, and SILVER found...

Hello all, so I am brand new to the hobby, I went with the Etrac and got it about 2 weeks ago (thanks Mike-from Woodland). Well, I had been extremely busy leading up to this last weekend so until saturday, I hadnt even used the machine in the daylight. I went on a short vacation to southern Utah (Kanab) to visit family and on Saturday spent about 8 hrs with the Etrac. I found all sorts of stuff.... whats-its, junk, trash, coins.... and coins. (all modern). Then, on sunday, (once I felt halfway confident I could dig a target and find something as small as a coin) I starting swinging on my grandparents- parents's front lawn, I figured there could be something old in the area there, and after finding lots of clad coins, (a few wheat pennies) and too many 1965's, and 66's to even want to mention... I finally got that high pitch I hear so many of you talking about, and even though it was no less than the 20th time that I had heard what I thought just had to be that high pitch silver song of beauty..... It actually was silver! On my 2nd day of detecting with the Etrac, self-taught, and complete beginner, I found a 1964 silver quarter! I was estatic, and I can't wait to get out for more... (After a few good "reading" sessions). I have learned alot, but still have a very long way to go.

Thanks- I look forward to posting many more finds in the future.

Chris.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: 1st time MD'er, 2nd day with the Etrac, and SILVER found...

Congrats Rock, on that first silver find with the ML, sure it's the first of many to come!

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other

Wish my first detector was an e-trac. That thing does everything but dig for you. I'm sure those aussies are working on that though.
Congrats on the silver. Your gonna have a silver stack real quick.

Ted Mac

Sep 11, 2006
Sylvania, OH
Detector(s) used
Compass/Coinscanner Pro, Teknetics Mk 1

You guys and your E-Trac's. I guess Im gonna have to get one. Theres just to much stuff being found with it to be an anomaly. I remember when I got my Teknetics Mark 1 in the mid-eighties. It took a while to learn it, but once I did I could literally go into areas pounded by other machines and find deeper better targets. Im getting that same vibe from reading accounts of guys using the E-Trac.

Congrats, and thats a heck of a machine to start on.

Ted

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great start-congrats on the big silver-keep us posted on more finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread