1st time MDing in my condo in Puerto Rico

islaverde

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2007
Hi guys,

Help!!!!

I wanted to play with the MD for the first time ever, just watched the dvd and read the manual several times on Ace 250Pro (I had the larger coil on). I stayed only for half hour as was getting dark.
I went in the kids playground of my condo isolated from everyone of course. I wanted to feel it for myself... in a couple of minutes I found a 1980 penny. Not in a hurry I started playing with the mode as some of you suggested... I went on coins and jewelry, no matter what I did was sounding, I also had discrim and eliminated over half of the stuff from the lower scale (from the left of the scale to 1st coin) I used the pinpoint also... strong signal... I did not dig I was afraid to make a mess as I dug 2 holes before and did not understand where to dig under the grass was all sand.
Could be possible that there is lots of stuff there as kept on sounding like the coin sound?
Any hints as how should I approach it next time I try? By the way the sensitivity indicator was set at 5

Thank you all
islaverde

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Greetings!! Try turning you sensitivity down and make sure the shoes you have don't have metal,that you maybe detecting. mostly coins are found at playground(small).

Are around alot of power lines? If so, turn you sensitivity down.

RD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread