Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was very happy with these. they paired up easily and sound great. there was no lag time that I could tell and I totally love them. they were loud and clear and very comfortable to wear (for me at least). I managed to find a 44 merc which was a surprise. I dug some iron that I was sure was iron because I could actually hear the telltale little blip at the end of the signal of an otherwise good sounding signal. This is a very good set to go with the 600 nox. So, no more wire to the nox for me! So if you are thinking about some, these are awesome, especially for about $50. Totally love being able to move around while on the ground digging and not have to worry about that stupid wire or getting the headsets jerked off.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, I’m having the same positive experience. I just need to remember that when I set my detector down, focused on the target dig spot, that the detector is not tethered to me anymore. I’ve watched it tumble down hillsides a couple times already...

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice, I’m having the same positive experience. I just need to remember that when I set my detector down, focused on the target dig spot, that the detector is not tethered to me anymore. I’ve watched it tumble down hillsides a couple times already...

yeah, mine rolled over out of reach twice. I have a Deus as well but my wife has the LF coil and the wireless headset and puck. So I will be trying out a rapoo transmitter that I have with these headsets and the deus as well. if it works, a lot cheaper than buying another another puck etc.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not familiar with your rapoo transmitter, DL, but if it is not a low latency BT transmitter, you will experience a LOT of lag with the Deus (unusable IMO). There are low latency transmitters available if the rapoo is not LL, but I experimented with my Deus remote and the audio was just not as good using an LL transmitter as the Deus puck phones for some reason (perhaps because the remote has no volume control) plus having something hanging off the remote was bothersome for me when using the Deus. Maybe you will have better luck. After all, if it's only a temporary emergency backup in case the puck gets lost or breaks, it might work in a pinch. Just not sure it's a good permanent replacement for the puck.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread