1st try with 1400 dd coil

willie3960

May 29, 2006
Long Isliand N.Y.
Detector(s) used
DFX .MXT.
Well I was able to hunt for 3 hours seems the rain was going to let me try out this 1400 dd deep scan coil on my dfx.took it to a school yard its not that old built 1947. Me an my hunting partners have hit this allot in the past. behind the school there a slope thats drops about 5 feet an goes around the side. this slope has given up Wheaties.Buffalo nickles old buttons.a few silver dimes an a lot of modern change. the last time I was their the pickings were slim. seemed like a good test spot? set up a program to test ac70 DC35 discrimination AC-20 up to +95 recovery30 bottle cap rej4 hot rock rej10 sweep speed7 vdi75 pre amp3. found about 2 dollars in change most modern a couple of Wheaties. most came from 6 to 8 inches deep. so far this seems descent. pinpointing was tricky at first didn't take long to learn pinpointing. a little tricky when targets are close pinpointing with DC phase on helps to pick out witch targets are the good ones. so far it seems to work better with 2 frequency best data. hope to use it some more this week at an old farm. let you know how I make out.

Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Sounds good.

Use the coil alot when trash is not real high.

I don't know your grounds but you can try this. It may be to unstable but this is how I run mine.

DC45 AC85 Bottle cap reject at 1. Unless there's a ton of them around. This coil reads them decent for some reason. But you'll master how they sound over time.

Sweep speed at 1. vdi at 86 accept -40 through plus 95 pre amp at 4.

I don't know if your soils can handle it this hot. Make these changes to the eeprom high pro program on the unit.

Run best data and set the threshold at 6. Vol 63 tone 200.

It will go deep if you can acheive these settings. And if your soils can hold it.

Good Luck

HH Jer

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must live in a very mild climate Willie.....digging signals six to eight inches per hole in the south right now is almost unbearable! Congrats on those finds!

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread