Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
...gave up a few, better than nuttin. Went in to buy my usual dime bag and saw the quarters bagged up on the counter. Bought those and came back for the dimes later today. Quarters gave up one silver Canadian (out of about 20 non-silvers). The bag came up $7.25 short. Dimes gave up a couple keepers. After gas and bag short, the silver cost me only about $5 total, lol. But then, who's in this for the money?
I did eyeball a nice little 14k white gold necklace in the parking lot of a ballfield that I hit dirtfishing yesterday, more for the stack.

Attachments

• IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2578.JPG
    IMG_2578.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing quarters for the past few weeks with surprising results,every box i have searched had a silver quarter in it which is shocking for quarters which are said to be the worst.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Went in to buy my usual dime bag

This just made me laugh^^^^ , anyway, Nice haul there Fist! Definetly better than nuttin! HH, Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dimes seem to be promising in bags, but around my neck 0f the country, solid 2012 dimes from may until about mid august... great finds!
hh
buff

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do you dump $1000 in dimes? do you just bring the bag back to a bank for counting? or do you roll those up?

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
how do you dump $1000 in dimes? do you just bring the bag back to a bank for counting? or do you roll those up?
Most of the time, I just bring them back loose in a bag. They never get counted, at least not in the five years I've been doing dimes. Sometimes I re-roll, but I never count. Sometimes I run them through a counter, but not very often. Funny thing, I've searched well over $150,000 in dimes and I've counted a roll or two.

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting! the reason i ask is because i just returned a $500 box of hand rolled halves (in brand new roll paper which i bought) to a citibank and the tellers made a big deal of it and said they would take it as a one time thing but they were clearly not happy about it. if you don't mind me asking, which bank do you use that let's you dump quantities like that? unless it is a small one with local branches only and you wish to remain anonymous, which i understand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread