2-1/2 dollar gold

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
i posted this in the wrong place at first

well after pretty much taking the whole summer off last year because of excessive work i finally got out and nabbed this, i thought it was a dime at first, but it got real gold colored after rinsing it off with my water bottle.

first trip out , 'im wondering if i should retire for the summer again this is pretty hard to top, but i di also get a silver half outa the same place last fall.
dan

2013-06-06 18.26.44.jpg

That is special find. Hard to top that one this summer let alone the rest of your MD career.:thumbsup:

:headbang: Back with a Bang!! :headbang: That will be a tough one to beat.
Found here in Michigan right?
Looks in fantastic condition too. Huge congratulations Dan!!

I can't believe how clean this coin is , no wear, a few minor scratches but yeah its nice ill post a pic of the back later, i got that a mile up the street from my house..... im gonna try to get back out for a few hours this weekend if i can... hey you still have the xlt?

First off...awesome find.

Any particulars? Like how deep? What did it ring up like?

Again...awesome find. I've seen very few Gold Coins dug in Michigan.

Also...is that your first Gold Coin?

DH24 (Chuck)

A BIG congrats! We all hope to find one someday! I nominated it for the Banner!

Hot Dingedy Dang.. great find! Few and far between. But still more finds to enjoy despite it being hard to top. You just never know what's in the next hole. Enjoy!

Wholly Smokes .... Yep your done for the year.. but on the odd chance this is just the start of a streak, I want to be your new MD'ing buddy :)

I would say a find of a life time coming from Michigan , congrats . I would say Banner

Congrats sir! I definitely never found one in Michigan. Good for you, I vote banner!

Wow, definitely a find of a lifetime. :icon_thumright: How deep and what kind of site were you hunting? Would love to see a photo of the back. Congrats!! :hello2:

HH

ok the coin was about 4" was not a strong signal at all, rang up on the etrac at 10 -12 or so it bounced just a bit over a few swings, i had pulled a nice half dollar out of the site last fall and the site was pretty junk free so i ve been digging everything i can get a tone on.

Simply outstanding! I also voted banner on this one. Congratulations on a find of a lifetime! :3barsgold:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back