wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
got out yesterday but photobucket was not working so I am posting today. found another skeg protector made of stainless steel,another one of those brick weight thingy's,half a pound of sinkers,an iron rod,another railroad spike a small nail,a rove, and a weird piece that might be from a net hauler.

9110beachfinds.jpg

happy hunting to all.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
that thing on the bottom right is a hollow iron bar filled with lead with a heavy copper rin imbedded in the lead. it weighs 15 lbs and I've found a dozen of them.

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wwwtimmcp said:
that thing on the bottom right is a hollow iron bar filled with lead with a heavy copper rin imbedded in the lead. it weighs 15 lbs and I've found a dozen of them.

Never seen one. Any idea on it's use?

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
some folks here say it is a net weight, but I've never seen one anywhere else. the other thing strange about them is they are not all exactly the same, some are angled on the sides and others on the ends. I have some bell shaped ones as well.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wwwtimmcp said:
some folks here say it is a net weight, but I've never seen one anywhere else. the other thing strange about them is they are not all exactly the same, some are angled on the sides and others on the ends. I have some bell shaped ones as well.

That's just a weight?

Maybe the bell shaped one's are anchors?? :dontknow:

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
my first thought was that they were used as brick moulds so that uniform bricks could be made with angles for arches over doorways and windows. one has an 8 on it if you use the side angles, 8 of them make a small arch like over a window, if you use the end angles, 8 of them make an arch big enough for a doorway.

others are perfect rectangles, some have bigger angles some have less, I guess maybe for bigger doorways or perhaps to cover a gate into a masonry fort. I have not been able to prove this yet but a book about british masonry says they did indeed use brick moulds when making alot of structures or fortifications.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that brick weight must be heavy, how long was it in your pouch & your must be a kangaroo :o

A anchor for a buoy marker?

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
crusader the weights are all around 15 lbs , I use a truck tire innertube with a milk crate suspended inside of it. I also have a dive flag attached but the locals are clueless as to what it means or the laws surrounding it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread