tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Hey,

So, I thought I solved my dump problem. I opened an account at TD. They happen to have a Penny Arcade about 7 miles from here. I took 2 bags of halves to the PA, "she" counted out 2K on the nose. As I was walking out, the Bank Manager pulled me in her office and asked "how many bags are you wanting to bring in?" I said 6 a week at the most. She made a phone call and said "just bring your coins in 1K bags to your local TD and we'll give you a provisional credit on them". Sweet!

Next it was off to pick up my first 6 boxes from Bank B. I had an ill-feeling when I saw the dreaded "Black and White SKUNK wrappers"....

Box 1 through 5
skunk

Box 6
Finally broke "the curse"!
1 - 40% 1966
1 - 40% 1967
1 - 40% 1968

Off to my local TD with 3 bags. In and out in about 5 minutes. Off to grab the last 6 boxes.

Box 7 through 10
skunk

As I was opening rolls, TD called. They said they don't have the room in their regular pickup for my halves and they would have to arrange a special pickup, which would cost TD an extra $20 per bag. After which she said "we have closed your account and are unable to do business with you". I was dumbfounded. I asked about the $25 I deposited to open the account. She said they have to hold it until the coins are counted at the processor. :BangHead:

I saved the last two boxes for me and Dad. And wouldn't you know it, Dad unwrapped these keepers:
Box 11
2 - 90% 1964's

Box 12
1 - 40% 1968

It was fun CRH'ing with Dad. He enjoyed himself!

At this point, I have 2 "reliable" dump banks who can take 3K a week each. I may have to drop down to 12 boxes a week until the dust settles.

I have 4 boxes coming from Bank A tomorrow. More to come.

H$H!!
TGB

Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Sorry to hear about the bad break, TGB.

When one door closes, find some others to open.

Keep on Rollin' !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread