Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing wrong with wall mart LRD's.

My wall mart LRD settings . 1) Child labour I set around 8 or 9 ( you will hear a light hum a bit like threshold)
2) GB should be set to 'pull' the sound out. (similar sound to money bieng extracted from your wallet)
3) Discrimination I set to discriminate all fair trade and locally made products
4) Tones - I use delta pitch (similar to the mekong delta)

with these settings I find alot of chinese rubbish in this and other chain stores.

Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all Fairness though OP was just saving a buck or two and for that Spy Guy I salute you. No offence or malice intended. In some situations the wallmart trowel will work ok.

Chub

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So someone should pay $37 more for a digger just because it's made in the USA? Sorry, I'm not THAT patriotic. There's a fine line between being patriotic and being a sucker...

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So someone should pay $37 more for a digger just because it's made in the USA? Sorry, I'm not THAT patriotic. There's a fine line between being patriotic and being a sucker...

I'll do it every time and never apologize for it. Go ahead and buy your crappy Chinese products made by children.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As far as the made by Chinese or made by children comments, almost everything now is made overseas including the parts on our car and the computers we are using. Americans like cheap products. The union demands and rising medical costs, forced American companies overseas. As long as we have the printing press and the strongest military, foreign countries have to accept our paper, (that is no longer backed by gold or silver), we are fine, because we will never run out of paper and ink.

That being said its honorable to try and support American made products. Because one day in the near future, foreign countries will no longer accept our paper and will demand payment in gold. And the price of goods made overseas will sky rocket.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

I used a couple before getting a lesche.
The v-notch in the tip needs cut off. A piece of stone or gravel wedged in it makes for sloppy cuts.

I'm not too powerful , but if the Lesche is flexing ( and in my opinion a digger should , rather than be so hard it snaps instead) to much I back off and start over.

I might knock another tooth or two off the side nearest handle on next sharpening.
Because I sharpen the teeth as well ,when using a two handed sewing machine method of cutting I've cut a couple gloves on saw teeth.

As to the o.p.' s trowel. I could not use it on hard ground or deep sod without wrecking it.
Kept sharp and used within it's limitations ,it would be usable in places.

The old saying in sales , " nothing is good without a good demonstration" still relates to the end user. Sometimes only seeing an item can be telling ,based on experience. Other times the product needs tested....

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

$32, and there sure seems to be a LOT of "suckers" here on T-Net. Wonder why? :icon_scratch:

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off the subject....I purchased 2 boxes of lighted garland at home depot. Upon pulling the rather tight contents from the packaging , I noticed a tiny and obviously child's woven glove , stained green from the shurly lead bearing green wires......kind of creepy.

Back on track.....I will usually purchase a purpose-built tool.

Last edited:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$32, and there sure seems to be a LOT of "suckers" here on T-Net. Wonder why? :icon_scratch:

I guess I suck. That's fine. I can cut as clean a plug as anyone and know I use a quality USA made product doing so. I ain't waving Old Glory with my purchase just trying to ensure this country stays afloat awhile longer. It won't be long before the US debt will have to be paid and those NOT Federal Reserve Notes won't be accepted. I guess we just start handing over our National Parks to the Chinese to cover our debt? There are principals which benefit a sovereign nation. Problem is most folks don't practice them.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In all Fairness though OP was just saving a buck or two and for that Spy Guy I salute you. No offence or malice intended. In some situations the wallmart trowel will work ok.

Chub

Yea, for planting tulips..

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys and your wimpy little digging tools!! I have no problem recovering my targets.....only thing is though, that generator gets kinda heavy draggin' around!!:laughing7:

41LmSL4fAwL._AC_US218_.jpg

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll do it every time and never apologize for it. Go ahead and buy your crappy Chinese products made by children

I worked in a machine shop for a few years in the early 1980's. Let me tell you, working conditions here are almost as bad as over there. I worked with some nasty chemicals that burned my skin on contact and burned my lungs whenever I made the mistake of inhaling over the bucket of solvent. Google "trichloroethylene" just for laughs. That was some bad stuff to work with...

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know with tools, I purchased a Sun Joe Hori Hori knife from Wally's and it works fantastic and it was cheap.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, for planting tulips..

in all seriousness I worked with a guy who was potting some plants....he lost his keys....you guessed it. He planted his keys at the bottom of a pot...
moral - there may be treasure under those tulips

disclaimer - no responsability will be taken for tulips trashed because of this post.

on another note, same guy built an inside wall and bathroom extension. He drove a nail straight through a copper pipe while putting on the wall sheet. Discovered a leak nearly a decade later when the nail rusted through...
I miss you Vern.

Chub

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I guess I suck. That's fine. I can cut as clean a plug as anyone and know I use a quality USA made product doing so. I ain't waving Old Glory with my purchase just trying to ensure this country stays afloat awhile longer. It won't be long before the US debt will have to be paid and those NOT Federal Reserve Notes won't be accepted. I guess we just start handing over our National Parks to the Chinese to cover our debt? There are principals which benefit a sovereign nation. Problem is most folks don't practice them.

We purchased Alaska and before that the Louisiana Purchase from countries in debt. We even purchased Florida from Spain. But I hope is doesnt come to selling our land or our National Parks. But countries like Russia, Korea, China and the Arabian oil countries are already discussing removing the US dollar as the worlds reserve currency because its no longer backed by gold. Can you blame them? How long are they gonna sit back and allow us to print unlimited amounts of the worlds reserve currency on worthless paper? We are so far in debt there is no reversing it. We can print money as need but we are still in debt?? Think about it? Thats how bad it is. I think nothing short of a war will remove our debt to foreign nations at this point. Get ready for a SHTF scenario.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
in all seriousness I worked with a guy who was potting some plants....he lost his keys....you guessed it. He planted his keys at the bottom of a pot...
moral - there may be treasure under those tulips

disclaimer - no responsability will be taken for tulips trashed because of this post.

on another note, same guy built an inside wall and bathroom extension. He drove a nail straight through a copper pipe while putting on the wall sheet. Discovered a leak nearly a decade later when the nail rusted through...
I miss you Vern.

Chub

Did he do his own plumbing too? Plumbing pipes should not be close enough to the drywall for a nail to penetrate unless its an awful long nail. Or a very old house maybe. But it happens I have seen it with some shady plumbing and electrical work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread